Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pot Roast

Today I decided to try my hand at an American classic... pot roast.  I looked at a few recipes and ended up making up my own from what they said to do.  Everything turned out great!  The meat was super tender and flavored well.  The only thing I would do differently is trim off some of the fat before putting the roast in the crock pot.

Pot roast sizzling away!

Pot roast with linguini! 
Pot Roast:
Ingredients:
1 4-5 pound rump roast
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 onion
5 stalks celery
2 cups water
Garlic Powder
Onion Flakes
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
Place onions and butter in bottom of crock pot.  Cook until onions are soft
Put roast on top of onions
Add rest of ingredients.
Stir.
Cook on high for approximately 6 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment