Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Green Chicken Chili

So, I just started my job this week, which means I won't get paid until next week, which means I was looking for a meal that I could make with only the ingredients I already had on hand.  This one fit the bill!  (It actually called for some things I didn't have, but I got creative.)  My only complaint was that there were so few leftovers!

Green Chicken Chili


Green Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
2 chicken quarters, skin removed
2 cans (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained
1 can (15.5 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 jar salsa verde
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
2 garlic cloves, diced
2 tsp. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt

Preparation:
Put chicken in bottom of crock pot.  Add beans and corn. 
Mix salsa, chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl.  Pour over top. 
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.  Remove chicken and shred, discarding any bones.  
Return meat to crock pot.  Stir. 
Top with sour cream, fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, avocado
Enjoy! 

Recipe Adapted from The Woman's Day Everyday Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment