Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crockpot Enchiladas

Today my friend Siobhan came over for dinner, so we had to tweak the menu to go vegetarian.  Easy!  I found this recipe for vegetarian crockpot enchiladas, and they were a hit!  (Matt and Alyssa both had seconds!)  I like this recipe also because you can easily substitute the soy crumbles for ground beef if you want meat!


Crockpot Enchiladas
So this picture, is terrible, but mostly because I ate my first one so fast I forgot to take a picture and they were a little tougher to get out of the bottom of the pot!

Crockpot Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 pound soy crumbles (I used Morning Star) or ground beef
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, drained
1 14 oz. can sweet corn, drained
1 large white onion, diced
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Adobo seasoning
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. taco seasoning
1 28 oz. can enchilada sauce (I used red, but only because I couldn't find green)
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 10'' tortillas
Tomatoes, diced, optional
Sour Cream, optional

Preparation: 
In a large skillet, brown crumbles, corn, 1/2 the diced onion, tomatoes, and all of the seasonings.
Spray Pam in crockpot.
Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of the crockpot.
Scoop 3 Tbsp. of mixture in tortilla, top with 1 Tbsp. of cheese.  Roll up and place in bottom of crockpot.  Repeat until you have one layer.  (I fit 4 in the bottom of mine.)
Pour one cup of enchilada sauce and one cup of cheese over first layer.
Repeat filling tortillas.
Repeat layer of enchilada sauce and cheese.
Top with remaining onions.
Cook for 2-4 hours on high.
Top with fresh tomatoes and sour cream, if desired.
Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted from Miss Foodie Fash

No comments:

Post a Comment