Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Enchilada Noodle Casserole

If you have ever visited my blog before, I'm sure you realize by now that Mexican food is my favorite food.  So, now that the cool fall weather is here, I can finalize make casseroles!  Hooray!
Of course, it wouldn't be my blog without me missing some ingredient, so right before I started cooking, I realized I didn't have any cheese!  What is a casserole without cheese!?  Oh well, I can attest that this is still quite delicious, despite the lack of cheese.  Plus, now that I have scheduled two wedding dress appointments, it's probably a good thing we didn't have any cheese.

Enchilada Casserole


Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
5 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 (14.5 oz.) can corn, drained
6 oz. egg noodles
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions.  Drain.  Set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain fat.  Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
Add cream cheese until melted and combined.
Put noodles back into large pot you cooked them in.  Add sour cream, enchilada sauce, corn, and tomatoes.  Add meat mixture.  Stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
Bake 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted from Table for Two

No comments:

Post a Comment