Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Beer-Glazed Beans

I have been eating beans wrong for years.  I have been using them as a side, to get some extra protein, and cut out the bad carbs.  NO!  I found this recipe the other day, and thought they sounded good.  Wrong, they were delicious!  I cooked some kielbasa in beer as the meat in my dish, and it ended up taking a second seat to the beans!
*Disclaimer, this dish is supposed to be made with black beans, which I think are probably the best choice, however, I only had kidney beans, so that's what I used.

Beer-Glazed Beans



Beer-Glazed Beans

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup beer (I used Labatt's)
2 cans beans (black were suggested, but I used kidney)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. honey
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Place a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, cook for about one minute.
Add the remaining ingredients, along with the salt and pepper.
Bring to a slow boil and cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted from How To Cook Everything by: Mark Bittman

No comments:

Post a Comment