Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Applesauce

Apparently Matt and Alyssa didn't know that the apples on the counter were ours, so they were getting pretty mushy by the time they asked.  They were a little too bruised to eat raw, so I decided to bake with them.  Along with apple crisp, I decided to make some applesauce.  My issue was that all the recipes I could find were for giant quantities of apples... like thirty!  I finally found this one, and I used about seven apples to make a small batch.  

Applesauce


Applesauce

Ingredients: 
About seven small apples, peeled and cored
1 cinnamon stick
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Preparation: 
Add all ingredients to medium stock pot over high heat, stirring occasionally.  Bring to a simmer.
Turn heat to low and cover.  Cook about 20 minutes, or until apples are very soft.
Turn off heat and remove cinnamon stick.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from The Kitchn

No comments:

Post a Comment