Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tuna Patties

I have found that the only way I can get Alyssa to eat any type of seafood is if I use tuna fish from a can... and thus far I have only been successful making tuna salad.  Tonight however, I decided to try something a little different and make canned tuna fish into tuna patties... or burgers if you will.  She actually ate them!  I consider it to be a success!
I served mine with a spoonful of tartar sauce on top of a polenta cake and Alyssa made hers into a burger.

Tuna Patty

Tuna Patties

Ingredients:
2 cans tuna fish
2 tsp. dijon mustard
Scant 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 small onion, diced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Hot sauce, to taste
1 egg
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients, except olive oil, together in a medium bowl.
Form into medium sized patties (I made about 5.)
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
Cook patties until browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Deniece K. over at keyingredient

No comments:

Post a Comment