Saturday, January 21, 2012

Coleslaw

To go along with the barbecue beef, I wanted to make a side of coleslaw!  I also found this recipe in "How to Cook Everything" and was extra excited because it didn't call for any mayonnaise.  (I don't really like mayonnaise.)  The base dressing consisted of olive oil, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.

Coleslaw Dressing

After adding the vegetables to the dressing, it recommended that I let it sit for at least an hour in order to get the flavors to blend; so that's what I did!  (Matt had a snack in the meantime!)

Coleslaw 
Next time I will add more pepper and salt.  I also didn't have freshly ground pepper which I think really could have made this recipe that much better.  It was really good though, and might be one of my favorite coleslaws of all time.  I also think that if I had made this the day before it would have been superb!  We shall see when it's time for leftovers!
I also ended up putting the coleslaw on my barbecue beef sandwich... delicious!!

Barbecue Beef and Coleslaw
Soundtrack: Ziggy Marley