Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guacamole Grilled Cheese

I'm a sucker for anything Mexican and if it has guacamole on it, bring me two.  So, for dinner tonight I looked at my ingredients and came up with this.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to put guacamole on a grilled cheese, but damn, it was delicious!

Guacamole Grilled Cheese 
Guacamole Grilled Cheese

Ingredients:
4 slices whole wheat bread
3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used a combination of smoked gruyere, extra sharp cheddar, and colby jack because that's what I had on hand)
1/2 small white onion, chopped
1 avocado
1/2 small tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp. + 1/2 Tbsp. Butter, divided
Juice of 1 lime

Preparation:
Place medium frying pan over medium heat.  Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter and add white onions.  Saute 2-3 minutes, or until translucent.
While onions are cooking, combine avocado, tomato, garlic, and lime juice in small bowl.  Once onions are done, add onions to guacamole.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Place one slice of bread, butter side down on frying pan.  Top with cheese. Spread guacamole on other slice of bread (dry side.)  Top sandwich with guacamole side down.
Turn sandwich over, once golden brown, about a minute and a half.
Cook on the other side until golden brown.  Repeat with other sandwich, or if you used a large enough frying pan, you're done!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment