Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chicken Salad

The other day I made Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice and the original recipe called for four chicken breasts, however only three fit in the bottom of my crockpot and then I had the issue of an unthawed chicken breast in my fridge.  Hence, chicken salad!  I really wanted to make a healthy alternative to the normally mayonnaise-heavy dish so I subbed in Greek yogurt and fat-free mayonnaise.
I also wanted to add in grapes and apples, but I was cooking for my sister, meaning nope!  I just threw them into my salad instead!


Chicken Salad


Chicken Salad 

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed (or 1 cup rotisserie chicken)
1/4 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise (you can add more if you like, I like mine on the drier side)
1 tsp. onion flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
1/4 cup granny smith apple, julienned

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together.
Serve on either a nice roll or over some lettuce for a yummy salad.
Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted from Familyfeatures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment