Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Avocado and Tomato Salad

To go with my crab rolls, I decided I should use up those avocados I bought before they went bad.  I came across this recipe for a caprese salad with avocados in there, and thought, "how could you go wrong?"  My philosophy is that everything is better with cheese... and avocados.  Though the original recipe I found was yummy, I tweaked it a little, all of the fats from the avocados and cheese needed some vinegar to cut through it.
I will say that this does not store well, so if there's only two of you, cut the recipe in half, or invite some people over and have a party!

Add caption


Avocado and Tomato Salad

Ingredients:
2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
3 tomatoes, cubed
1 ball fresh mozzarella, cubed
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
5 leaves fresh basil, torn
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Mix everything together.
Eat immediately.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment