Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Crab Roll

Lobster Rolls are super popular in Maine and across the Northeast.  I decided to try my hand this week at making my version, using mock crab... because I got it for a dollar/pound instead of fifteen times that much.  Obviously, real crab or lobster is more delicious, but hey, I'm trying to make dinners for cheap!
The end result was pretty good, however I definitely would have liked it better with real crab or lobster meat.  Matt seemed to like it well enough however, he ate it all week!  (The recipe made a TON!)


Whoops!  I forgot to take a picture of it IN a roll, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like!
This goes well with Avocado and Tomato Salad for a complete meal!

Crab Roll

Ingredients:
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. Low Fat Mayonnaise
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 pound mock crab (or if you're fancy, real crab)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 hot dog buns

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients except hot dog buns, in a medium bowl.
If you would like, place buttered hot dog buns on a grill pan to heat them up.
Once heated, spoon crab mixture into hot dog buns.
Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted From Ellie Krieger

No comments:

Post a Comment