Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers

So, you guys know how much Matt and Alyssa like vegetarian things, especially if they're not covered in cheese.  But here I was, being so sneaky, I made homemade veggie burgers that were VEGAN.  No jokes.  Now, they weren't a huge hit, but they were eaten.  So, I will take a victory where I can get it.  I will say, that I thought they were pretty good, though a little mushy.  Probably because I didn't wait long enough for them to crisp in the oil, but I was hungry!  Oh well, they were tasty!
Also, I made mine vegetarian by putting some tzatziki on top, but Alyssa and Matt had onion, avocado, and mustard for my vegan friends.  

Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger


Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato, cooked and skinned
1 can black beans, drained
1 Tbsp. tahini
1/8 cup flour
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
Panko bread crumbs (I'm not sure how much I used, I filled up a plate and used most)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Toppings: avocado, onion, tzatziki, whatever you want

Preparation:
Mash potato and beans together in a large mixing bowl. 
Add tahini, lemon pepper, cayenne, and flour.  If mixture is loose, add more flour until a consistency you can form into a patty.  Place patty into bread crumbs to coat. 
Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat.  
Place patties into pan and cook until golden brown on first side.  Flip until golden brown on the other side.  
Serve topped with avocado and onions on a roll.  
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Healthy.Happy.Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment