Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Green Bean Fries

Today I decided to make Greek burgers with chicken to be a little healthier, and then to kick that healthy life up a notch, I made green bean fries instead of regular fries.  I did however neglect to look the weather up and it was a trillion degrees in our house before I turned the oven to 425.  Yikes.  We were sweating while eating, but they were really good.  Good enough to turn your house into an oven?  Probably not.  Good enough to make again, on a day where the humidity isn't 50 percent?  Definitely.
So, I also used panko bread crumbs instead of regular to make them extra crispy, but the panko wouldn't really stick, so in the future use regular old bread crumbs to yummy fries!
I dipped mine into Tzatziki because I made Greek burgers, which was great!

Green Bean Fries
Just as a note- I had a little over a pound of green beans, so the uncoated beans in my picture I actually just sauteed.  You can totally ignore those.

Green Bean Fries

Ingredients:
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt (if you're using pre-packaged rach mix, skip the salt)
1/2 tsp. pepper
cooking spray
2 eggs, beaten
1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmer

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 425.
Combine breadcrumbs, ranch mix, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. After combined, put onto a plate for easier coating.
Spray a cookie sheet with the cooking spray.
Dip the green beans in the egg, letting excess (eggcess, haha) drip back into the bowl.
Dip into breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Place green beans on cookie sheet in a single layer.
Spray green beans lightly with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes.  Flip and bake another 2 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Dizzy, Busy & Hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment