Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cilantro Jalapeno Spread

Tonight I decided to make some wonderful Mexican Burgers (though these I made with beef, not turkey) and found a great spread to go on top, which also helped to use the mass of cilantro I had in the fridge.  It turned out great, though very spicy.  (I thought bigger jalapenos were supposed to be milder!)    I ended up having to add extra yogurt to calm my taste buds.   
The spice has not been curbing my appetite however, I have been using the leftover spread on everything!  (Breakfast sandwiches, regular sandwiches, dip for chips...)


I realize that the side to my burger looks really gross, but it's refried black beans.  Apparently, those don't translate into pictures.  (They were good, I promise.)

Cilantro Jalapeno Spread

Ingredients:
2-3 jalapenos (depending on how spicy you like it/how spicy the peppers are), deseeded
1 large handful of cilantro
2 Tbsp. ranch seasoning
1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Preparation:
Puree the jalapenos and cilantro in a food processor until blended into a paste.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  If the spread is too spicy, add more yogurt.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from I save A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment