Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Roasted Salmon with Shallot Cream

Alyssa wasn't home tonight, so I decided to make salmon for Matt and I.  My favorite part of this recipe (besides the fact that it was delicious!) was that it was the perfect weeknight recipe.  It took about 20 minutes in total, which was perfect!  It actually would have been faster, but my salmon was still a bit frozen, so I obviously had to cook it longer.

Roasted Salmon with Shallot Cream
I served mine with green beans, which I steamed and combined with the other half of the shallot, minced, garlic, and butter.  Super yummy!


Roasted Salmon with Shallot Cream

Ingredients:
1/4 cup sour cream (or creme fraiche if you're really fancy!)
2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots (about half a shallot)
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. dried dill
1/4 tsp. dried chives
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 (4 oz.) salmon filets
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 450.
Combine sour cream, shallots, milk, dill, lemon juice, chives, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.  Whisk until combined.
Place fish, skin-side down on a greased, lined, baking sheet.  Rub fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 12 minutes. If not done, cook in 2 minute increments until done.
Serve with cream spooned on top.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment